Life is unpredictable - Eva Ekvall

I received an e-mail when working, is a story which is quite impressive and today I read quite a few articles about her. For those who following my blog, I believe you all will know I seldom post something else other than my own stories, but today, I am going to post about the story of Eva Ekvall.

Eva Ekall, the former Miss Venezuela who finished third in the Miss Universe pageant in 2001, has died of breast cancer aged 28.

Aged 17, Ekvall was crowned Miss Venezuela of 2000, and the next year was third runner-up in the Miss Universe Pageant. her name also listed as one of the most beautiful and most sexiest women in earth. As a Buddhist, she was the first non-Christian to have won the title of Miss Venezuela.


She was then married to the radio producer, John Fabio Bermudez and the couple had a 2-year-old daughter. In Feb 2010, just months after giving birth to her child, she was diadnosed with advanced breast cancer, and underwent eight months of treatment that include chemotherapy and radiotherapy and a double radical mastectomy.


Last year, she told newspaper EI Nacional of her need to send out a message about cancer prevention. For Ekvall to appear on the cover of the book with a shorn head must have been a scary thing for a woman who was raised in the peageant world and who made her living based on her appearance. But, she wasn't shy about showing phtos of herself as she was during treatment. And the model explained, "I hate to see photos in which I come out ugly, but you know what? Nobody ever said cancer is pretty or that I should look like Miss Venexuela when I have cancer."

She chronicled this experience in a book of photographs, Fuera de Foco (Out of Focus
, released on December 2010. She went out to become an advocate of Senos Ayuda, a cancer awareness group.

Pics of her last day.



In a heart-breaking Twitter post over the weekend. Eva's husband posted a photo showing a close up of his hand holding hers at her last moment, with the caption," Always together.... I love you wife."

Quoting Eva...
"Now i know what it feels like to not have a hair on your head," she said in a Twitter post on March 10.

In Venezuela, "we invest a lot of money in looking beautiful and not in health care"....

0 voices^^:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
Me? Drama queen? Sleeping beauty? K.I.S.S principle - Keep it simple stupid. Life is fragile, don't make things complicated! Enjoy your precious life!